A Prediction



I am deliberately avoiding politics on this blog, but I want to make a prediction.  This is not a statement in support of President Trump or in criticism of him.  It's a statement of what I think is going to happen.

If I'm right, I will be the first person that I know of to predict this.

When the Bill Clinton scandal started about 20 years ago, I predicted early on (privately, to my family and friends) that it would eventually come to nothing because the average person would not care that Clinton perjured himself over sex acts in the White House.  I thought that was a shame, but I thought that would be the case, and I was right.

This time around, things have been far too murky to make any predictions in a similar vein.

Until today.

If this article in The Atlantic is correct, then Trump is toast.

If the article is correct, if the surmises are true, and judging from the speed at which this investigation is proceeding and the direction it's apparently taking, then this is about much more than Russia, it's about what is perhaps a lifetime of criminal activity.  And if that's the case, Trump will eventually resign, on the condition (stated or not) that he and his family are pardoned.

It may take two more years, but Trump will not complete his term.

They've got him.